Extra Virgin Olive oil (EVOO) is rich in nutritional value and its consumption has several proven health benefits:
- It helps to reduce the levels of cholesterol LDL (bad cholesterol) and reduces the risk of suffering from cardiovascular diseases. It also improves blood pressure stability and helps prevent obesity.
- Rich in polyphenols (powerful antioxidant), extra virgin olive oil prevents cellular aging, and works against degenerative diseases as Alzheimer's and the formation of cancerous cells.
- It contains several natural anticarcinogenic compounds and suppresses the development of different cancers
- It is associated reducing the risk of depression.
- Olives and olive oil are sources of obtaining Squalene. Between its beneficial effects, stand out its protective properties of the immunological and cardiovascular system, and the prevention of diseases as cancer or diabetes.
- Only some EVOO’s, as the ones produced by Oleum Hispania, contain oleocanthal; a natural antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compound found only in EVOO that helps stop rheumatic, cardiovascular or neurodegenerative diseases.
- It contains Vitamins A, D, E and K and it favors the absorption of minerals as the calcium, the phosphorus, the magnesium and the zinc.
- It helps to control blood sugar levels, especially in diabetics
- It promotes digestive health and is effective against problems such as stomach ulcers and acidity, and aids intestinal traffic.